Battle In The Bubble is an elite college basketball event
that offers a competitive alternative to the traditional regular season game schedule while placing priority on the health and safety of student-athletes. Working in conjunction with health experts, doctors and medical professionals, U-Sports Group has created an event platform that provides an environment to complete a safe, controlled and competitive non-conference game slate in-between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
Battle In The Bubble will take place December 1st - 21st, 2020 in Houston, Texas. Conveniently connected via sky bridge, the George R. Brown Convention Center and Hilton Americas-Houston will play host to this ground-breaking college basketball event. Battle In The Bubble will feature 20 Division I Men's Basketball Programs from a variety of conferences. Teams will be placed into (2) 10-team divisions while competing in a maximum of 8 non-conference games during the 21-day event.
Modeled after the NBA "Bubble", Battle in the Bubble will execute all event activities in a safe, secluded and sanitized environment. The event will provide hotel accommodations, team meals, laundry services, weight room facilities, practice courts and game arena. COVID-19 testing, on-site medical staff and 24-hour security will also be included. Battle In The Bubble will provide national television exposure and optional in-person evaluation from NBA personnel, however, no fan or visitor participation will be permitted.
Battle In The Bubble 5 Event Objectives:
- Provide an event platform that prioritizes the health, safety and well-being of the student-athlete
- Provide a competitive environment where teams can develop and improve in preparation for conference play
- Provide premier opportunities for teams to build a strong non-conference resume
- Provide a platform to push the conversation further regarding social injustice and combating racism in our country
- Provide a great overall experience for the players, coaches and athletic staff